Thursday, February 25, 2010

Am I wearing a kick me sign??

I found out my Grandmother has a malignant tumor in her bladder.  They are performing surgery in early March and feel confident they can remove all of the tumor because of it's small size.  I just hope they remove everything and nothing harmful returns!  She doesn't let on as though she's worried, but deep down I know she is and I'm glad my mom will be traveling to be with her...they have such a great mother-in-law/daughter-in-law relationship!  She decided to come into town this weekend and I will be so happy to see her and spend time with her before she has her procedure.

Our poor Jasper has been sick :(  His stomach has been upset oh so badly.  My husband took him to the vet today and he said he had an accident in the exam room that showed traces of blood....sorry, gross I know, but everyone knows that's never a good thing.  We couldn't feed him yesterday and they told us not to feed him today.  After I took him out this morning, he ran to his food bowl and was just wagging his tail because he knows he's always fed breakfast before I get in the shower, and it broke my heart not to be able to feed him because he's starting to be sluggish and I know he needs a boost!  He was given a round of stomach meds so I hope they kick in asap!  And speaking of wagging his tail, we have discovered he has developed another problem, which has a deceiving name..."happy tail".  Great Danes have such long tails that when they become excited their tails tend to bump into whatever they are around.  Well Jasper has such a happy tail that he has essentially broken the tip of his tail.  We crated him for a day and when I came home to take him out I noticed his tail brushing the wall and leaving little blood spots.  I of course freaked and called the vet and they said he more than likely wagged his tail against the sides the entire time he was in the crate due to being so anxious and did it then.  They don't have much feeling in the end of their tail, so they explained that he probably didn't even realize he was hurting himself.  We have his tail wrapped and he doesn't even bother the bandage, but looks so pitiful with it on!

(I snapped this outside while walking him!  his tail looks like part of a mummy!)

They prescribed him doggy xanax (yes, I know...doggy xanax) to help with his separation anxiety in hopes of him taking it easy while he is in his crate.  I hate to think of my poor puppy in there not even realizing he is hurting himself! :(

For the past 3 weeks on Tuesday evenings I have been attending a bible class that my cousin is leading at her church.  The study is entitled, "Me, Myself, & Lies" and the author describes it as a thought closet makeover.  It touches a lot on self-esteem and self-worth which are weaknesses of mine and things I most definitely need to work on.  Last week we talked about how all too often we beat ourselves up over problems that arise and blame ourselves while we constantly complain about it and never think about stopping to pray about it and realize we serve a God who is committed to us and if we would only take our hands off of the problem and ask Him for his help, we would see just what our faith is capable of.  This story was the focal point for one of the days and it truly touched my heart.

Mark 5:25-34

A large crowd followed and pressed around him. 25And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years. 26She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse. 27When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak, 28because she thought, "If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed." 29Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering.
 30At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him. He turned around in the crowd and asked, "Who touched my clothes?"
 31"You see the people crowding against you," his disciples answered, "and yet you can ask, 'Who touched me?' "
 32But Jesus kept looking around to see who had done it. 33Then the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell at his feet and, trembling with fear, told him the whole truth. 34He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering."



Imagine having the amount of faith that this ostracized woman had that she knew that if she were only to be able to touch the hem of His garment, her life would be forever changed!  I have 3 more weeks in the class and look forward to growing in not only my relationship with myself, but my relationship with Him. 

4 comments:

  1. I will keep your grandma in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh hun, I'm sorry you have been going through such a tough time! thinking of you (and your g-ma)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter is one of the most extraordinary people I know. She never ceases to amaze me. I am so proud of her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know about your grandmother. But she will be in my prayers, i hope Jasper is doing better, let me know if you need anymore Vet wrap or if it is even working?

    That bible study sounds like it is something i might need to do or be in.

    ReplyDelete