Friday, June 4, 2010

BP is serious BS

Everyone knows I am a HUGE animal lover, but I am absolutely terrified of birds.  I don't care for them...at all.  But when I watched this video this morning, I couldn't believe my eyes.

Seems to me like those photographers and videographers would have an ounce of compassion in them and put down their damn cameras and do something to try to help when a creature is laying there with its limbs practically stuck together like glue while trying to escape the waves crashing over it.  UGH!

We have a trip planned to Panama City later this month and it seems that the more coverage we watch of the oil spill, the more and more we think we're going to have to call for a refund and issue a detour :(  I am totally astounded and sickened by the results of this catastrophe.  I can't watch anything without hearing about people losing their jobs as fishermen who just happen to be the sole provider for their families.  It seems at some point throughout every day I watch gloved hands pick up globs of oil that have collected and I try not to envision what the ultimate outcome of this will be.


I sure hope Tony Hayward has some trouble sleeping tonight, tomorrow night, and the next...and the next.....


4 comments:

  1. I must admit that I am not a bird fan either....however, I just watched this and I am broken hearted. I cannot believe they wouldn't try to help the little guy just drowning. It makes me want to take time to go down there are help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH!! Don't get me started on the photographers and their photographnig the oil slicked animals instead of helping them!! Ticks me off to no end!!!! I agree. This situation is getting ridiculous. I even looked at some pictures today of dead sharks and dolphins washing up on shore. BP needs to get it together...like yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what.. I'm not the biggest bird fan either but this brought tears to my eyes. It's devastating.. I could never be in that position. If I was that photographer, my camera would be down and I'd be doing all I could to help those poor animals. What Erika said.. I saw the pictures yesterday of the dead dolphin, shark.. even sea turtles. It makes me want to punch Tony Hayward in the face.. I wish I could go down there and do something to help.

    ReplyDelete