Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Who you calling a jack-o-lantern??



I spent my Sunday with two great friends carefully selecting, cleaning, & carving these lovely fellows!  I don't know what it is about cleaning out a pumpkin, but I always laugh and have the best time while I'm doing it!   I never get tired of rolling up my sleeves and pulling out all that goo & seeds...kinda therapeutic if you think about it.  I never stray from the traditional pumpkin face.  Probably because I could never do anything close to what my friend Jacqueline accomplished on the middle pumpkin.  (mine is on the left).  See...here's one from 2 years ago.  Classic face, haha!




Our carving activities were accompanied with pizza and football...who could ask for a better Sunday??  So disappointed in the Tennessee Titans this year, but we won't go there...

Maybe I should stick to things like this like I made with friends last year...




I love going to festivals and fairs in the fall and eating kettle corn and chicken on a stick.  I love deliberating over which color mums to buy for the porch.  I love, love, love, decorating and yes, I still dress up for Halloween and love trying to figure out a couple to be...like last year, we were Mario and Princess.....




I'll spare you of any more pictures and just say Happy Fall Ya'll!!!

4 comments:

  1. HAHA!!! Love this Blog! Made me Smile! and at least your pumpkins don't turn out looking like boys when you want them to look like girls! like 2 years ago! i wanna make one of those house looking things! That looks fun!

    <3 Bangles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures!!!!! Can't wait to see what you guys are going to be this year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww thanks for the sweet comment! I look forward to following your blog as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to carve pumpkins this year! Reading this makes me want to leave work and head to the pumpkin patch!

    ReplyDelete