Sunday, August 15, 2010

Vegas - Day 2!

I have been to Vegas twice before.  Once when I was 7 or so, when my dad was still alive, and again for my 21st birthday.  When I went when I was younger, we stayed at Circus Circus.  While one parent was gambling, another was with me since I wasn't allowed in the gambling area.  I vividly remember playing all those midway games with my dad and ending up with so many stuffed animals we honestly had no clue how we could pack them in order to take them home!  My dad was one of those guys who cannot stand to lose, so if he didn't win the first time, he'd keep on until he could hand me that oversized pig or monkey and see the excitement in my face.  Needless to say, I wanted to revisit Circus Circus and see if it was still the same.  It took me back about 18 years when I saw that it was!


Me trying to hook a ring on top of a coke bottle

Knocking over some milk bottles


with a few of our winnings :)

caught him in a great pose...this one resulted in the biggest prize



Later that night we experienced a horrible mexican restaurant...which I couldn't believe even existed!  I am obsessed with mexican food, but was extremely disappointed in this place.  But our night quickly got better when we discovered a nightclub called "The Mix" on the 64th floor of Mandalay Bay.  This place had an amazing atmosphere and an unbelievable view!

from the balcony area

we're a little hung up on self portraits

Next we moved on to Luxor which is the big pyramid in the background.  I didn't take any pictures in there, except these two which just show how much more energy the hubby has than me into the wee hours!

I am throwing in the towel


He's still witty as ever and
wanting to be a pharoah guard
Adjusting to the 3 hour time difference was no challenge for him and by this time I knew I had to get it together!  My next entry will be Day 3, our actual anniversary, and it was definitely my favorite day!  Hope I'm keeping you entertained :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the story behind Circus Circus, the pictures just made it that much better!

    ReplyDelete