Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Rantin' & Ravin'!

I see criminals on a daily basis.  I see felons, I see thieves, I see abusers, and I see murders.  But when it hits home, I take on an entirely different perspective.  Everyone loves their grandparents and thinks they're diamonds in the rough.  I always hear about door-to-door salesmen taking advantage of people or even telemarketers....but when these criminals are supposed to be HELPFUL and be someone's AT HOME NURSE, that's even worse. And when I come to find out they've cleaned out my Granny's entire jewelry box, that's when anger and fury run through my veins.  This evil, vile person is my Granny's nurse for TWO days when something just doesn't feel right.  She calls the nursing agency and says she just doesn't feel comfortable with this particular nurse and she doesn't seem to be meeting the criteria.  This evil, heinous person comes back to my Granny's house AFTER she has been fired and wants to come in (with her child at her side) and sit with her and tell her how sorry she is that everything didn't work out and she wanted to check on her.  Well in her 45 minute visit, this monster goes to the restroom four times.  Turns out during these four instances, she's swiping as much as she can out of my Granny's bedroom.  Took her wedding rings, all her bracelets, all her necklaces, and even silver dollars that her husband collected before he passed away.  When I sit back and this that my Granny honestly thought this woman wanted to come visit her and apologize and spend a few minutes with her, it breaks my heart. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE??  Do they not have a conscience??  Much less a heart??  Taking advantage of the elderly is one of the most cowardly, low-down, & appalling wrong-doings on the face of this earth.  The only thing I could ever take from this sweet little face is the love that she so freely gives me....


8 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!! I can't believe this story. The nerve of some people. It is just so wrong. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGOSH! i'm so sorry!!! i don't understand people these days, there is so much crime and hate in this world, it makes me sick. so sorry for your grandma, can not believe that nurse!!!

    i've had people break into my house, it does something to you that you'll never let go of. hopefully she will be able to get her things back!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How horrible!
    My great grandmother was scammed- by her own grandkids- out of 80,000 dollars. This woman loved them and trusted them completely and they took advantage of it. They didn't even show up to her funeral- which may not have been a bad thing. I'm sure everyone there would have liked a piece of them.
    All I can say is they'll hopefully get theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is horrible!!! I hope you can get the things back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your granny is so cute, I don't see how anyone could steal from her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness!!! I hope they are able to get some of her items back. Your Granny looks so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is horrible! That stupid girl needs to work for free and have everything valualbe taken frmo her! i'd knock her out!

    Are yall able to get her belongings back!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is terrible about your grandmother! Some people are so mean and evil!!!

    I read down and saw where you watch The Biggest Loser. I LOVE that show. It is seriously one of my favorites on TV. I work with a lady who knows one of the contestants and she told me two of the finalists! Let me know if you want to know. I had to stop her before she told me the other two. It is fun trying to guess who we think will win!

    ReplyDelete