Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Rain, Rain...No, seriously, GO AWAY!

This is what our surrounding area has had to witness the past couple of days....




Yep, that's definitely a newspaper machine.

The rain has been nonstop for around a week now.  Schools and homes have flooded and some apartment buildings have been forced to evacuate.  I was extremely worried about my backyard yesterday, but fortunately by the time I got home from work, the standing water had gone down quite a bit.  I wouldn't have to worry about the water getting into my house, but I do have a storage shed that is attached to our carport that water would be able to get into and ruin lawn equipment, furniture, and I would lose my mind if it reached my Christmas decorations!

This is right by the exit to get to my house.  I took this on my way to work this morning.  I wish I could have snapped a picture of the nearby golf course...it is truly unbelievable how much water is standing on that course.  




So c'mon sunshine!  Bring back everyone's cheery moods and allow us to be outside and enjoy what is now officially Fall!!!!


1 comment:

  1. I literally spit my water out of my mouth when I saw the first picture! The newspaper box floating is too funny!

    ReplyDelete